  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:54:39 +0200

Re: XGGI and latest GGI

> I got and installed latest libggi and xggi.  Does XGGI now have
> acceleration for matrox mystique?

If the unserlying hardware driver has, then yes. What do you use ?
SVGAlib ? fbcon from kernel ? kgicon ?

> Is there a FAQ online that says how to set it up? (
> font paths,
-fp "path"
alternatively xset fp "new font path" at runtime

> keyboard # of keys,

Not needed. Load the country specific keymap and be happy. LibGGI handles
that.

> monitor,

Is as well handled by the underlying display subsystem. If you use kgicon,
you have to use setmon, fbcon uses /etc/fb.modes, and SVGAlib probably
some entry in /etc/vga/libvga.config .

> Perhaps an import utility of /etc/X11/XF86Config would be a good idea?

90% of the stuff there is not needed for an XGGI server.
That's because XGGI doesn't incorporate the graphics driver.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =