  From: Brian S. Julin <bri@tull.umassp.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:23:50 -0400 (EDT)

Re: XGGI & kdm

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Andreas Beck wrote:
> > display-fbdev: failed to open tty: Device not configured
> > L/vtswitch: open /dev/tty: Device not configured
>
> That's weird. That sounds like the TTY devices not being there ... ???

This happened to me too.  But it worked anyway, and I didn't have time
to investigate.  With me it was kernel v2.2.10, and I was running XGGI
through /bin/open, so the output was on vc7 and XGGI on vc8.

> Can you enable debugging in GGI using GGI_DEBUG=255 and/or strace ?

Best to 2> /tmp/errs as the output will be huge and you won't
have a scrollback buffer after switching back to the controlling VC.

--
Brian