  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 13:23:48 +0200

Re: ggi acting up solved

> > > In ggi, xggi or glide? :) Just wondering which one I'm looking forward to
> > > downloading :)
> > GGI. IIRC you already are using Beta2.1 or newer, so xggi should be fine.
> > And AFAIk Glide was always up to that.

> You recalled correctly. But does that mean that I should be able to run
> xggi on the glide target?

After you updated LibGGI to a current snapshot I think. I don't have a
Voodoo, so I can't check. Marcus ?

> Cos xggi dies and complains that it can't access
> the framebuffer (or something like that, it is a framebuffer thing).

Yes. And if I got Marcus' reply correctly, I think that should now be
solved. IIRC Marcus said something about having run XGGI on the glide
target. At worst, one could probably emulate using the tile target, which
can be told to emulate a DB.

> > Note, that the VooDoos are not quite optimized for DB access.
> The hardware or glide or ggi? :)

The hardware.

> BTW, is there some way to run quake fullscreen using GGI? I've tried
> squake, but that seems to be hardcoded to use the libc-version of
> libvga.so.1... Symlinking did not remedy this.

You'd need to build a libc5 version of LibGGI and the SVGAlib wrapper.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =