  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:00:28 +0200

Re: ggi acting up solved

> > DirectBuffer means direct access to the framebuffer. This is only
> > supported for the Glide target in recent snapshots.
> In ggi, xggi or glide? :) Just wondering which one I'm looking forward to
> downloading :)

GGI. IIRC you already are using Beta2.1 or newer, so xggi should be fine.
And AFAIk Glide was always up to that.

Note, that the VooDoos are not quite optimized for DB access.

> Also, I was wondering about a few other things... Can only root use the
> glide target? What about /dev/3dfx? I have it, but demos core dump(!) when
> I try to run them as me.

That's strange. This could be a problem with VT-switching or needing
root-access to use the keyboard. Could you run the core file through a
debugger to see where it dumps ? And/or make GGI_DEBUG=255 logs and strace
logs ?

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =