  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:02:16 +0000

Re: ggi acting up solved

Ketil Froyn wrote:
> Now there are 2 things I was wondering about:
> 1) When I run 'demo' on my VoodooII, I get very good rates compared to
> fbdev (MilleniumI), but the CopyBox() took 4 seconds, veeery slow. What is
> CopyBox() anyway?

CopyBox is screen-screen-blit, which Glide doesn't support in hardware.

> 2) I've been trying to get XGGI to run on my VoodooII, but this won't
> work, cos the glide target doesn't support DirectBuffer. Does that mean I
> can never run XGGI on it? I really don't know what DirectBuffering is, so
> pardon the (perhaps) stupid question :)

DirectBuffer means direct access to the framebuffer. This is only
supported for the Glide target in recent snapshots.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se