  From: Denis Oliver Kropp <dok@fischlustig.de>
  To  : bedevtalk@be.com, clanlib@dark.x.dtu.dk, ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:12:19 +0200

fast_memmove, BIG acceleration

Hi,

I took the fast_memmove assembler function from kernel headers and used it for put_screen.
The new results are:

BeOS
---------------------------
fill_rect alpha	75	before: 65
put_screen	14315	before: 4429

ClanBomberīs framerate went from 28 to 98!!

For those of you, who donīt have it, I attached string_asm.h

Before using this asm function, I wrote a for loop which uses uint32 pointers.
It was exactly as fast as this assembler function, but only worked for uint32 aligned values.

just include string_asm.h and replace memcpy with fast_memmove ;-)

Besides that the flickering is still there.

--
Denis Oliver Kropp (dok)
+ Fischlustig +

ClanBomber, the kick ass game that uses kick ass Clanlib.
www.fischlustig.de/clanbomber	www.clanlib.org

Justice, n.:        A decision in your favor.

string_asm.h