  From: Denis Oliver Kropp <dok@fischlustig.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:55:54 +0200

Re: BeOS rules and blitting stuff

Andreas Beck´s crap from Sam, 26 Jun 1999:
> > I want to implement accelerated put_screen with blits.
> > The problem is, that I have to "puzzle" the offscreen surfaces into the framebuffer,
> > because I only can do a blit(x,y,w,h,dx,dy). Is there any method in GGI or BeOS for blitting from
> > linear sources, so I can put the images into framebuffer with only "one dimensional" fragmentation?
>
> That's a question of the card supporting it. Some do, some don't.

Microsoft has the same problem with DirectX?

> That's why I'm working on a Bob/Sprite extension that abstracts that.
> It will try to use linear blits if possible, or fall back to two-dimensional
> ones, if not. It can as well do some kind of garbage collection, as the
> individual objects are referenced by an abstract handle.
>
> I can send you a very very preliminary copy for review, if you want.

Thanks, but I only need an algorithm that "puzzles" me the images into the third frame ;-)
With least fragmentation, any idea?

--
Denis Oliver Kropp (dok)
+ Fischlustig +

ClanBomber, the kick ass game that uses kick ass Clanlib.
www.fischlustig.de/clanbomber	www.clanlib.org

Justice, n.:        A decision in your favor.