  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:44:04 +0200

Re: BeOS rules and blitting stuff

> I want to implement accelerated put_screen with blits.
> The problem is, that I have to "puzzle" the offscreen surfaces into the framebuffer,
> because I only can do a blit(x,y,w,h,dx,dy). Is there any method in GGI or BeOS for blitting from
> linear sources, so I can put the images into framebuffer with only "one dimensional" fragmentation?

That's a question of the card supporting it. Some do, some don't.

That's why I'm working on a Bob/Sprite extension that abstracts that.
It will try to use linear blits if possible, or fall back to two-dimensional
ones, if not. It can as well do some kind of garbage collection, as the
individual objects are referenced by an abstract handle.

I can send you a very very preliminary copy for review, if you want.

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =