  From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Peter_=C5strand?= <altic@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:08:21 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: LibGII+XGGI

> > How do I specify what mouse-type to use for XGGI? I suppose it is using
> > libgii, but can't find suitable documentation. I have a MS Wheelmouse,
> > specified as IMPS/2 in XF86Config.
>
> $ cat > ~/.ggi/input/linux-mouse
> mouse IMPS/2
> mdev /dev/psaux

It doesn't work. I guess it's because my mouse is a "WheelMouse", released
a bit later then IntelliMouse. Setting GGI_DEBUG gives this:

LibGII: linux_mouse: prot=`imps2' dev=`/dev/psaux' opts=`'
LibGII: linux-mouse: Opened mouse file '/dev/psaux' Read/Write.
LibGII: Adding event type 1, size 116 at pos 0
LibGII: giiEventPoll(0x81d5310, 0x3ffe, 0xbfffd898) called
LibGII: _giiPollAll(0x81d5310, 0x3ffe, (nil)) called
LibGII: GII_mouse_poll(0x81d5310, (nil)) called
LibGII: Invalid IntelliMouse PS/2 packet
LibGII: packet used 1 bytes
LibGII: Invalid IntelliMouse PS/2 packet

It works great with gpm and Xfree, so probably the drivers just have to be
adjusted a bit. Anyway, I solved it by using gpm as a relay via
/dev/gpmdata.

Also, I had some problems with the font-path. It seems XGGI refuses to
start if not _all_ hardcoded font-paths are available. My 100dpi-dir was
missing, and I had some trouble before understanding the problem.

Is there any user-documentation for LibGII? I need to adjust my keyboard
a bit.

/////
 o o
  -... said Peter.