  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : Garrett B <mongoose@wpi.edu>
  Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 20:20:07 +0200 (MEST)

Re: ggi rox

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Garrett B wrote:

> I just wanted to get the feel for how GGI and more importantly linux worked. I
> was working on an RTS for windows and it was coming along pretty well but it was
> such a huge project with just me working on it, and programming for windows is
> a pain.  And plus all the good coders code in linux. =) After I putz around
> with this scorched earth clone I might move onto another rts for linux. Linux
> needs more games.

*grin* Don't worry! In the latest Linux-Magazin
(http://www.linux-magazin.de) is a article about linux-games:

Loki Entertainment Software  has recently specialized in porting Windows
games to Linux by itself. :-) The first port is Civilization III. In soon
future three games will be ported too: MYTH II, RAILROAD TYCOON II and
ERIC's ULTIMATE SOFTWARE. And the world are waiting and looking for
Quake3arena (and the german people are looking for the indicating :-))
The latest beta for Mac and Linux aren't SMP-ready yet, but ID-Software
will it do it as soon as possible.

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de