  From: Garrett B <mongoose@wpi.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:54:47 -0500

Re: ggi rox

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Andrew Apted wrote:
> Peter I Amstutz writes:
>
> >  Hmmm, I'm way ahead of you.  I've been working on a sc*ch*d **rth clone
> >  called "King of the Hill" (KOTH).  It's fully client/server networked for
> >  multiplayer, uses GGI, and I've put in quite a bit of work to make it
> >  extensible and fairly easy to hack on...
>
> Looks like we need a libggiscorchedearth extension :-)).

  Ya, I guess Ill be skipping my big Scorched Earth clone project I was going
to do since everyone else has already done it. =)  I was thinking of making an
Open RTS. Basically a skeletal workings of an RTS engine that other people
could use in creating their RTS games. Like how the Crystal Space engine is for
3D games, this would be for 2D RTS games, and as of now, it would be based on
GGI.