  From: Leimy <dleimbac@falcon.lhup.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:45:10 -0400 (EDT)

driver info.

Well I have almost gone nuts looking for documentation for the Trident
Chipset.  None of what I have found is readable to me so  I suppose I will
have to throw in the towel.  I really want to do something substantial
this summer as far as linux programming goes.  I am going to a computer
show this weekend and will probably pick up a new graphics card there.  I
need to know though of the two which I should get.  RIVA TNT or 3DFX?

So far 3dFX controls the Windows market.  But I see theTNT cards are
holding their own.

Documentation-wise TNT seems to be the way to go.

Any suggestions especially relating to compatibility with this project
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave Leimbach