  From: Denis Oliver Kropp <dok@fischlustig.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:22:20 +0200

Re: KGI-0.9 driver interface released

Steffen Seegerīs crap from Mon, 14 Jun 1999:
> I will not support 2.3 kernels in the forseeable future, simply because I don't
> have the time to do it. 2.2 is stable enough, and there are no significant
> enhancements (yet) to prefer 2.3 over 2.2.

You are right, but are the PIIX enhancements already in 2.2?

> If you want to do it, go ahead, I won't stop you.

I tried the 2.2.4 patch it stops at keyboard.h hunk #10.
I donīt know much about the kernel inside.

> > When I got this working I want to start rewriting the TNT driver.
>
> Why do you need 2.3 for that?

Ask my insane brain that always wants to sit on the bleeding edge ;.)

Ok, then I have to ask: Can I use the 2.2.4 patch for the 2.2.9?

Btw: I have a Matrox Mystique next to my TNT. I added FBIO_ACCEL_COPYBOX
and FBIO_ACCEL_FILLRECT to fb.h, implemented it in matroxfb.c and
it worked, but nobody wants that ;-(

--
Denis Oliver Kropp (dok)
+ Fischlustig +

ClanBomber, the kick ass game that uses kick ass Clanlib.
www.fischlustig.de/clanbomber	www.clanlib.org

Justice, n.:        A decision in your favor.