  From: Steffen Seeger <s.seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 17:26:34 +0200 (CEST)

Re: UDI-KGI status?

> Steffen Seeger wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > The responses:
> > Mark Evenson, mevenson@cup.hp.com wrote:
> > > I took a quick glance at the GGI web page, and it looks like the GGI
> > > work dovetails very well with what we're doing in UDI.  We would like
> > > to include a display hardware driver specification in UDI, and would
> > > welcome working with you and your group to make that happen.
> >
> > Kurt Gollhardt, kdg@sco.com wrote:
> > > This is very good news! I had not been aware of the GGI project, but
> > > there has been a lot of interest in the idea of a standardized graphics
> > > driver interface that's come up in conjunction with UDI. I look forward
> > > to working with the GGI project to bring these technologies together.
>
> Hi Steffan/everybody else.
>
> I was wondering what's happened on this front (if anything)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sengan

A lot. I am participating in the UDI phone conferences and stay in close
contact with the UDI people. I have restructured the drivers to allow for
a hopefully easy merge later, adopting the UDI driver model as good as
possible. The drivers in the last KGI snapshot is the result of this.

Also, the UDI people are checking the particular needs of performant
graphics hardware driver can be satisfied with the UDI-1.0 spec.

So, it's going on, but not really code to show yet, except for the
driver released from my side.

			Steffen

----------------- e-mail: seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de -----------------
------------- The GGI Project: http://www.ggi-project.org -------------