  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
  Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 02:26:59 -0700 (MST)

Re: Massive GGIMesa update

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Aaron Van Couwenberghe wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 07:50:41PM -0700, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > 	First, all GGIMesa development has been moved to the experimental-1
> > Mesa CVS branch because that branch has been autoconfed by Thomas Tanner.
> > This has resulted in such a dramatic improvement in my ability to make
> > GGIMesa work like other GGI extension libs that I cannot do without it.  In
> > the three days since I switched to the experimental-1 branch, I have been
> > able to implement essentially every GGIMesa feature I wanted.  Thomas, you
> > are a saint.  You saved my life.
>
> Awesome. Anyway, I'm going to check out the CVS sources today and attempt
> to build some packages. If everything works, I'll upload them to master.

Okay fine.  How do I check out the experimental-1 branch?
I'm working on a bit of a package with Mesa/GGI and I'm finding bugs..
*sigh*....  Could be anything but I'm willing to check....

Anyone else got a 3DS reader that works? Mine's quite unstable so far..
I'm thinking of attacking VRML/2 next if I can't get 3D Studio files
working 100%....  (anyone have a converter that dumps 3DS to VRML/2? :)

Yes I'm working on a browser for GGI.  Status: *grr*.  Reads -some- 3DS
files okay.  Meshes need work.  Collision detecting needs programming.
Thinking of adding Visual Basic and/or Javascript but not sure yet.
Definitely will go VRML/2 and HTTP/HTML-4 once system's stable.
Multithreaded and prone to crashes still.  Eats memory like it was written
by microsoft (but thanks to a garbage collecter it -will- return it :)

Incidentally, anyone know why ggiClose() exception-faults?
The bit is:
0x4032e5ba in giiClose (inp=0x4481bf24) at gii.c:702
702                     _giiInputFree(curr->prev);

I'm guessing there's a pointer prob here somewhere...  but I haven't
really studied the GII code all that much.  yet.

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis