  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:27:59 -0700 (PDT)

generic-kgi renaming request

	GGIMesa's fbdev target piggybacks on top of LibGGI's fbdev target,
and so does GGIMesa's genkgi helper on top of LibGGI's genkgi helper.
The API names get a -mesa tacked on to them so that the piggybacking
process takes place automatically.  Very nice, very clean.

	There's only one problem:  The LibGGI fbdev target uses
"generic-kgicon" as its API name to use when loading the genkgi helper.
However, unlike the LibGGI genkgi helper, the GGIMesa genkgi helper
implements card-specific acceleration APIs, and as such we get things like

tgt-fbdev-kgicon-generic-savage4-mesa

which is confusing, as "kgicon-generic" implies the use of the KGIcon
framework but no hardware accels.  Can the fbdev API name for the genkgi
helper be changed to just "kgicon" so I can use

tgt-fbdev-kgicon-generic-mesa
tgt-fbdev-kgicon-savage4-mesa

?  Not a big deal either way, just a matter of namespace cleanliness.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed