  From: Thomas Tanner <tanner@gmx.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:36:08 +0200 (CEST)

FW: Help, i can't compil my prog.

-----FW: <Version.32.19990602181921.00dce350@pop.wanadoo.fr>-----

Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 22:33:51 +0200
From: Axys <frederic.dogimont@wanadoo.fr>
To: tanner@ggi-project.org
Subject: Help, i can't compil my prog.

Hello,

I hope that i send this e-mail at the good address...

    (sorry, I'am french and i have a very bad english)

my problem is:

  I write (and copy in the LibGGI API Manual) this program:

#include<stdlib.h>
#include<stdio.h>
#include<unistd.h>
#include<ggi/ggi.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
  ggi_visual_t vis;
  ggi_mode mode;
  int i;
  unsigned char *fbptr[2];
  int stride[2];
  int numbufs;

  mode.frames = 2;        /* Double-buffering */
  mode.visible.x = 640;
  mode.visible.y = 480;
  mode.virt.x = GGI_AUTO;
  mode.virt.y = GGI_AUTO;
  mode.graphtype = GT_16BIT;
  mode.dpp.x = mode.dpp.y = GGI_AUTO;

  if (ggiInit() != 0)
    {
      fprintf(stderr, "unable to initialize libggi, exiting.\n");
      exit(1);
    }

  vis = ggiOpen(NULL);

  if (!vis)
    {
      ggiPanic("Couldn't open default visual!\n");
    }

  if (ggiSetMode(vis, &mode))
    {
      ggiPanic("Cannot set 640*480 16bit mode\n");
    }
  numbufs = ggiDBGetNumBuffers(vis);
  for (i=0; i<numbufs; i++)
    {
      ggi_directbuffer *db;
      db=ggiDBGetBuffer(vis, i);
        if (!(db->type & GGI_DB_SIMPLE_PLB))
          {
            fprintf(sterr, "Error: non-standart display buffer\n");
          }
    }

/* main code here */

  ggiClose(vis);
  ggiExit();
}

My probleme is when I execute this program, there is an error:
error in loading shared libraries: libggi.so.2: cannot open shared object
file: no such file or directory.

The libggi.so.2 exist in the /usr/local/lib, it's a link to
libggi.so.2.0.0. When I execute the demos send with GGIlib, they works
perfectly...

voila, if you could understand my english and help me. (I'm beginer in
language C).

                                Thank's
                                                Friendly,   Fred.