  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 23:05:07 +0200

Re: On giiEventSelect...

Steve Cheng wrote:

> Looking at the prototype it's obvious that giiEventSelect is
> giiEventPoll + select(2).
> I know three things: it updates the timeout (which the system select(2)
> might not do)

Yes.

> and does not use errno,

On the contrary - it does a great effort to ensure that the errno
from a failing select() call is valid when giiEventSelect()
returns.

> and of course also checks for events.
> Are there any more gotchas, or something else I should say for the
> documentation?  The code is really confusing.

giiEventSelect(), as opposed to all other LibGII functions, is not
available unless the system have a select() call - not even as a stub.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se