  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <Rodolphe.Ortalo@cert.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 10:20:11 +0200

Re: Where's the glide target?

Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> /usr/local is the default prefix for 99% of all autoconf using packages,
> so I absolutely can not see why distribution makers doesn't include
> /usr/local/lib in the linker path by default...

security strikes back...
I guess distribution makers want system administrators to
activate _themselves_ the usage of 'self-built' libraries...
Adding /usr/local/lib to the default linker path is definitely
NOT fool-proof (IMHO).
Of course, on home machines, that's mainly an inconvenience...

Rodolphe