  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : Terry 'Mongoose' Hendrix <stu7440@westga.edu>
  Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 06:49:47 +0200 (MEST)

Re: hacking methods to find out bugs

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 mongoose@ms241739.users.mindspring.com wrote:

> Are you sure you're casting the data correctly then?  You mentioned you
> shifted to void* from some_struct* type.  There could be a mistake in
> casting ( like a typo ) where you're casting void* to some_sturct to
> some_struct**.

To make this sure, I've restructured it again last week. Could be that
I've overseen one of this. What's the effecient method to find these bugs?

> I'm tring to be helpful.  See my halo?   0 =)

If you are interested in to have a look in my lib, tell it me. I will
send it to you.

> I'm still working on my simple gui toolkit for ggi, and will be doing
> shifts from buffer to buffer to improve performance greatly for my
> translucent drawing.

Why don't you try to include it into ggi as a extension?
An extension called "guitk" based on libgwt?

> I'll post it when I'm sure it's ready.
> I'm loading all image formats into my pixel type now, since I haven't got
> ggi pixel sampling figured out yet.  =(  It draws perfect this way however
> and unlike the ggi pixels the 16bpp color palette isn't compressed or
> deformed.  I guess I need to untar ggi srouce and see how it's done in the
> lib... and perhaps hack my code to let you include ggilib's source for
> subsampling to make sure it works the same version to version.
>

> I guess now would be the time to ask if anyone here ever wanted to work on
> a Masters of Magic clone for linux. I'm planning on using 16bpp default
> color depth and translucent effects. I feel translucent drawing adds a lot
> to civ games, as you can layer moving fog and ghosts over ghosts over the
> grasss on the battlefield.  It sure beats boring transparency.  It'll be
> "perty".  =)

That's a great thing.

> cheers,
> Terry

> | BotShop     http://www.planetquake.com/botshop    |
> | Personal    http://www.westga.edu.com/~stu7440    |
> |         Alita is running linux 2.2.10             |

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de