  From: Kien Pham <xengren@yahoo.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 00:45:12 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Got to be a faster way.

--- Club Neon <clubneon@hereintown.net> wrote:

> I was under the impression this was a "General Graphics"
> libary.  So there
> are plenty of really nice funtions, where I can just
> write one routine to
> handle any graphics mode and bit depth.  I don't have to
> worry about
> palletes or the layout frame buffer.
> Doesn't that sound "non-optimal"?
How about creating a memory target visual in your format
and
then crossblitting the image to the true visual and then
getting
the box into a raw memory buffer? Then successive draws
will
only require puts? Not exactly a great way, but it's better
than nothing for now? We can call it a "hack." :P
> continue to use
> libGGI, I'll probally even end up writing

page-flipping-or-if-that-doesn't-work-ggiPutBox-buffer-manipulating-routines
The great thing about GGI is the ability for anyone to
write
extensions. If you don't like something, write an extension
to take advantage of the raw hardware or targets. The
layout
to GGI is pretty simple to understand too. A lot of other
code i.e. [put your most hated pachage name here] is hard
to follow through because of all the
MACROS and all the other mess.
                            ~K.P.