  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:11:41 +0200 (MET DST)

A few problems with xggi/tile target.

Hi.
I'm having a few problems with XGGI on the tile target here. First of all,
I'd like to start up my Voodoo2 gfx card in 1024x768x16 mode, but GGI dies
saying that I have set limits forbidding this (or something like that, see
my earlier mail). The problem is that this works fine with the exact same
GGI_GLIDE_MAXFREQ=70 and GGI_GLIDE_MAXHFREQ=35 settings when I use normal
multihead settings. If I leave out these settings (i.e. let them remain
70 and 48) it works on the tile target too, but my screen can't cope with
it.
The other problem is that when I run xggi on the tile target spanning over
the Voodoo2 and my Millenium I, and I switch consoles, XGGI dies. Results
with GGI_DEBUG=255:
LibGII: _giiEvQueueAdd(0x81cb1a8, 0xbffff190) called
LibGII: Adding event type 6, size 36 at pos 1
LibGII: Switching to console 2.
LibGGI: release_vt START
LibGGI: acknowledging VT-switch
LibGGI: display-fbdev: switching(0x81c9d78) called
LibGGI: release_vt SUSPEND
LibGGI: release_vt INTERRUPTED
[...]
LibGGI: acquire_vt START
LibGGI: display-fbdev: switched_back(0x81c9d78) called
Terminating on signal 11
LibGGI: display-fbdev: GGIdlcleanup start.
LibGGI: display-fbdev: Restored palette (len=256).
LibGGI: display-fbdev: GGIdlcleanup done.
LibGII: Linux-kbd cleanup

LibGII: Linux-kbd: exit OK.

When I switch consoles like this, I see trash on the other console, and
when I switch back, the first console (where I was running XGGI) is blank,
and when I switch to the second one again, it is normal, and when I switch
back to first one again, it is also normal. This happens every time.

My current setup:
Matrox Millenium I
Voodoo II w/8MB RAM
RH6.0 w/accelled framebuffer device
ggi-devel-990702.tar.gz
XGGI 1.6.1

Ketil Froyn
--
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/
mailto:ketilf@ifi.uio.no