  From: Thad Phetteplace <tdphette@dexter.glaci.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 07:17:56 -0500 (CDT)

Re: Display Target Problem

> Does Xlib compile ? If so, X should as well. Check ./configure output, if
> something went wrong there.

It appears that neither X.so nor Xlib.so are being compiled.  I am still
digging into it to find out why.

> That doesn't make sense. They can at most compile in _one_ driver usually,
> so a stock driver with complet FB support seems not too likely.

It is possible that FB support is not turned on and I was simply
misinterpreting what I was looking at.  I basically just went into the
kernel config menus and looked at what they were set to.  It is not
a certainty, however, that the stock kernel is compiled with all of those
same settings.

> What chipset does that card feature ? Riva 128 ? In that case the riva
> driver might work. Don't know how good it is, though.

Yes, I believe it is Riva 128.  At least that is what the redhat install
program detected.

You pointed me at the framebuffer howto, and should give me some things
to try.  Thanks a bunch!

Thad