  From: Thad Phetteplace <tdphette@dexter.glaci.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:27:28 -0500 (CDT)

Display Target Problem

Hello All,

Well, I've finally found the time to upgrade my Linux system to the 2.2.5
kernel.  Unfortunately, I am now having problems with the latest GGI
snapshot.  The X display target seems to have disappeared.  There is no
/usr/local/lib/ggi/display/X.so, nor can I figure out how to recreate
the beast.

Also, I would like to take advantage of the new framebuffer support in
the 2.2 kernel, but running in console mode spits out the error message
"Couldn't open framebuffer device /dev/fb/0: Not a directory".  What
steps must I take so fbdev is used?

I am running the 990703 snapshot.  Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Thad