  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 01:09:27 +1000

Re: Got to be a faster way.

Christoph Egger writes:

>  I think I should move bitmap loading routines out too (iff/pbm, pcx, tga
>  including RLE compression, Windows-bmp and OS/2-bmp).

If you do it, stick 'em in the display-file target.  It already writes
PPM, but could be made to read/write lots of other formats.  You'll need
to do something special for file-reading, e.g. a "-read" option which
loads the image into memory and then behaves like a read-only
display-memory target.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/