  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:02:37 -0700 (PDT)

Re: GLUT and ggi

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, James Simmons wrote:

> Hi!
>
>    Long time. Well I toke a break off for a few weeks form kernel hacking
> top work on Mesa-GGI. Jon great work.

	Thanks.

> One thing tell the mesa guys to go
> over the vector code. Its kill my programs. I can send you specific bugs
> if you want to pass them onto the Mesa group.

reports must be submitted there or they will probably not get looked at.

> Whats the deal with GLUT by
> the way? Still having problems with the copyright?

	I'm not going to worry about it anymore.  Not many serious games use
GLUT anyway and that is my primary area of concern right now.  GLUT is
now in the Mesa CVS tree, although it is not supposed to be modified.

> Well I hacked it up to
> work with ggi. Now keys like page up and that work and I can get modifier
> keys but normal keys are not deteched such as pressing 'a'. I attached the
> code for you to look at. When you call ggiOpen you create more than one
> visual. In this case I can modify glutCreateWindow. I will also modify it
> so you can change the mode with this function call. Also can you filter
> ggi_events to tell the if the event came from a joystick or mouse. This
> way I can impliment glutJoystick. Thanks.

	I really don't know a whole lot about event handling in GGI/GII.
That isn't my area.  You should ask someone else for help on this.  And I
would not invest a whole lot of time in GLUT hacking until the copyright
issues get straightened out, unless you are willing to rewrite the whole
thing which would be a rather large amount of work.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed