  From: Jos Hulzink <josh@stack.nl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:21:13 +0200 (CEST)

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: New ViRGE driver

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:

> Jos Hulzink wrote:
>
> > Due to great help from Martin and Rodolphe,
>
> I don't remember helping you so much ? (Maybe you forgot
> to mention someone else ?)
There are more Rodolphes out here.... Rodolphe Suescon and Martin Lexa I
mean :) The name sounds strange to me, never thought we got two of them
here :) Sorry ...

> > removed now. The driver in the CVS tree now should work more or less on
> > ViRGE, ViRGE DX/GX and VX. Other chipsets unknown. Test it and let me know
> > the results.
>
> Do you know if your driver is able to wake up a ViRGE
> card set up as a _secondary_ graphic card ? (That's
> my hw config. currently, but I know it's pretty difficult
> to manage such setup with the VGA constraints...)
I'm not sure about that, simply because there is no other driver
supoorting multihead yet (I got a NVRiva TNT as second board.) What I do
know is that the ViRGE is able to be booted first on multihead systems. It
maps away neatly for other drivers. But as I said, as long as there are no
other drivers supporting cold-booting cards, I can't test anything...
(Someone got a spare ViRGE ???)

Jos