  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@gaia.ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 12:08:58 -0700 (PDT)

Re: [KGICON]:registering several framebuffers

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Julien Tayon wrote:

> The kgifb_init (called by the init_module) function register only one FB
> each time the module is loaded,
> Couldn't we call a function registering as many framebuffers as there is
> in the computer, since it is not considered as safe to load several time
> the same module ?

	Yes, this is what should be done, however the current KGIcon system
is not very well able to handle this without quite some recoding as it is
not designed to have to consider more than one device context at once.
The new KGI 0.9 is so much better designed in this regard that I decided
to port KGIcon to KGI 0.9.  I got most of the code written a while back,
but then I ran out of time and it has been on the shelf for a while now.
I still have the latest KGIcon-0.9alpha3 release that I made if you want
to play with it.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'