  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 19:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Mesa-ggi

Howdy.

  Well I toke the plung and tried out Mesa-ggi. I just hate having to
start X to run some OpenGL program and its so slow. Well I tried the CVS
version first. It didn't compile. Here is the result I got.

a - FX/fxpipeline.o
a - FX/fxrender.o
a - FX/fxsanity.o
a - FX/fxsetup.o
a - FX/fxtexman.o
a - FX/fxtrifuncs.o
a - FX/fxvsetup.o
a - FX/fxglidew.o
a - GGI/ggimesa.o

******Be sure to add /tmp/MesaCVS/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable

rm -f ../lib/libGL.so*
mv libGL.so* ../lib
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/MesaCVS/src'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/MesaCVS/src'
cd src/GGI/default ; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/MesaCVS/src/GGI/default'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `Makefile.am', needed by
`Makefile.in'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/MesaCVS/src/GGI/default'
make: *** [linux-ggi] Error 2

If you could fix this I can't wait to take the plug. Thanks.

Given infinite time and monkeys the monkeys could type out the complete
works of Shakespeare. Win 98 source code? Eight monkeys, five minutes.