  From: Andreas Beck <becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 18:40:17 +0200

Re: KGI(CON) XFree 4.0 Wrapper

> Just downloaded the first snapshot of XFree 4.0. I'm working on a KGI
> wrapper for it. Why ? This way we get full accelleration for free, nice if
> you got a Riva TNT :) I guess NVidia will provide an XFree server, but no
> KGI driver...

This is great. I had proposed such a scheme ever since we designed KGI, but
XF people didn't seem interested. I really hope they have sorted their HAL
out in XF4.0 now (the last I saw left mode setup to the server which made it
essentially useless to serve as a KGI-style driver). If that is possible
now, I'll gladly try to assist you.

Unifying that damned graphics drivers was always a big goal for us. Even if
it didn't happen the way we would have liked, it will still be nice, if we
can just load the XF driver module and go graphics with them.

Ask me, if you need any advice. How do you plan to use the drivers ? Like
the suidkgi target ? Or using a XF->KGI wrapper ?

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =