  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : Jos Hulzink <josh@stack.nl>
  Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:08:29 -0700 (MST)

Re: ViRGE: Update announcement

kernel 2.3.10 :)
[works nice on my machine :]
S3 ViRGE DX/GX
I can't think of anything else that matters...

1. It doesn't compile
	(neither does fbcon-kgi.c)

	part of reason:
	changed file->f_count++
	to      atomic_set(&file->f_count,atomic_read(&file->f_count)+1);
	-> suspect 2.3 kernels changed this to make more stable SMP..
		Anyone?
	Made other changes by commenting out offending lines.  Won't post
	diff as I don't trust my changes.  This one looks okay though.
	(lines 1547, 1612, CVS as per July 21, 1am)

2. Nice black screen when finally fixed to compile...
	(atomic read/write added to file structs, some structures changed)
Grrr.

Guess I'm back to XFree86. Double-grr.  I have -no- idea why black screen
other than everything still work.  Try setmon.  Nothing.  Try setting
graphics modes.  Still nothing.

Will try to crack blackness.  Nothing in logs...

Ideas?

Previous driver was working pretty decently on my system so I didn't mess
with it....

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis