  From: Ketil Froyn <ketilf@ifi.uio.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 02:45:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: mouse problems with latest release

Well, what do you know! I changed the order of the displays, and fixed the
linux-mouse to the correct syntax, and now the multihead almost works
right.

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> > I have set up ~/.ggi/input/linux-mouse like this:
> > msc,/dev/gpmdata
> Huh? This won't do anything useful.

In that case it should be taken out of inputs.txt:
Optional:

> > mouse msc
> > mdev /dev/gpmdata
> This works fine for me here. Are you sure XGGI runs as the same user
> as the one you installed the config file at?

I apparently didn't test enough with this before, cos it works now.

> > I have set up /etv/vga/libvga.conf with the same as the last one.
> > I never got the mouse working under xggi, but it works fine under X.
> What version of XGGI?

XGGI 1.6.1

> > If I can only fix this, I'll be *this* close to having multihead with my
> > Voodoo2 and my Millenium I. All I have to do is figure out the syntax for
> > several targets with xggi, I seem to recall this being quite a matter of
> > quotes and brackets. :) A quick try with -targets "(fbdev):(glide)" didn't
> > seem to work, but I'll try a little more.
> That should be the correct syntax. What happens?

What happened was that the X servers weren't being started with the same
depth. I don't think I got a decent error telling me that without
GGI_DEBUG set, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, now that I almost have it working, I just want to complain some
more ;>
1: I can't drag a window from one screen to another.
2: It's not easy making a window get focus on the other screen. I use
enlightenment, and I use 'sloppy-focus'. When I go to the other screen, I
have to open an enlightenment menu before I can give the window focus for
some reason.

This is really excellent!! If I/we/you can fix these things, I'll be
*very* impressed, and so will all my family and friends ;>

Ketil Froyn
--
The angle of the dangle is proportional to the heat of the meat.

http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ketilf/
mailto:ketilf@ifi.uio.no