  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:10:59 +0000

Re: Anybody with IR input for libgii ??

Dominique ROUSSEAU wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be nything about using IR input (through lirc) with ggi/gii on the ggi site.
> Did anybody look at it ?

Not afaik.

> If not, I plan on doing an input module for lirc managed ir input devices.
> Given that IR keypads are very similar to keyboards, I think, it should
> send kesyms similar to keyboards, but there are a few specificities
> (like mute, power...) how do I assign new keysyms ? I just pick new
> ones randomly ?

If the keyboard has keys not covered by ggi/keyboard.h, please post
all the information you have on the key (it's location on the keyboard,
all text written on it, whether it has any LED(s) associated with it,
what it's function/purpose is (if known) and whether it should be
considered a modifier or a normal key) and we will add it to the API.

> If anybody has knowledge about making libggii input drivers and/or want to help, I welcome everything :o)

I don't know anything about IR devices, but I'll be happy to answer
any questions you may have about LibGII.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se