  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 00:18:32 +0000

Re: mouse problems with latest release

Ketil Froyn wrote:

> Hi.
> Like I said, i downloaded snapshot 990702, and now I'm having some trouble
> with the mouse.
> This works in XF86Config:
> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol    "MouseSystems"
>     Device      "/dev/gpmdata"
>
> I have set up ~/.ggi/input/linux-mouse like this:
> msc,/dev/gpmdata

Huh? This won't do anything useful.

> and because I thought the inputs.txt was a bit unclear, I tried this:
> mouse msc
> mdev /dev/gpmdata

This works fine for me here. Are you sure XGGI runs as the same user
as the one you installed the config file at?

> I have set up /etv/vga/libvga.conf with the same as the last one.
> I never got the mouse working under xggi, but it works fine under X.

What version of XGGI?

> If I can only fix this, I'll be *this* close to having multihead with my
> Voodoo2 and my Millenium I. All I have to do is figure out the syntax for
> several targets with xggi, I seem to recall this being quite a matter of
> quotes and brackets. :) A quick try with -targets "(fbdev):(glide)" didn't
> seem to work, but I'll try a little more.

That should be the correct syntax. What happens?

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se