  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 08:49:44 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Changing the kernel makefile system...

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> 	The Linux config system needs to be extended to be able to handle
> arbitrary strings instead of tristates for the general case where you have
> a slot which needs to be filled with one option out of a set of possible
> options.  The current sound config lets you type in numbers in a dialog
> box, but I need to be able to add a selection from a scrolly dialog box
> like KGI does it now.

Future multi-adaptor drivers may want a checkbox list behavior, rather than
a radio list behavior (e.g. select to include support for more than one
model).  I thought about this for a few minutes but then I got a
migraine headache for some reason. :)

But anyway given the lack of KGI manager, multi-adaptor support is
not needed now I guess.

--
Brian S. Julin