  From: KC5TJA <kc5tja@topaz.axisinternet.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 08:54:25 -0700 (PDT)

Re: windowing for GGI

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Willie Daniel wrote:

> Just untargz it and run make. It should build both the lib
> and the example program with no problems. Then run
> example/svgagui. I ran it with GGI-on-X.

I do not have svgalib installed anywhere on my computer, so I had to
manually edit the makefile prevent it from making svgalib.c under lib.
Otherwise, the makefile would go berserk on me, saying that vga.h, vgahl.h
and a whole bunch of other include files were missing.

I also have libggi installed on my computer for the X windows target.
Despite this, here is the output of the makefile:

gcc -Wall -O3 -m486 -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/local/include/   -c ggilib.c -o ggilib.o
ggilib.c:13: parse error before `MASTER_VIS'
ggilib.c:13: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
ggilib.c:16: variable `MASTER_TV' has initializer but incomplete type
ggilib.c:16: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `MASTER_TV'
ggilib.c:16: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `MASTER_TV'
ggilib.c: In function `update_ggi_screen':
ggilib.c:37: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiPutHLine'
ggilib.c:40: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiFlush'
ggilib.c: In function `get_ggi_message':
ggilib.c:66: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiEventPoll'
ggilib.c:68: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiEventRead'
ggilib.c: In function `ggi_gl_setpalettecolor':
ggilib.c:249: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiSetPalette'
ggilib.c: In function `open_ggi_screen':
ggilib.c:321: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiInit'
ggilib.c:322: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiOpen'
ggilib.c:336: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiSetGraphMode'
ggilib.c: In function `close_ggi_screen':
ggilib.c:358: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiClose'
ggilib.c:359: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiExit'
ggilib.c: In function `ggi_gl_getpalettecolor':
ggilib.c:373: warning: implicit declaration of function `ggiGetPalette'
make: *** [ggilib.o] Error 1

You'll notice an extra -I/usr/local/include/ in there.  At first, I
thought it couldn't find the ggi_visual_t type, so I hand-inserted the GGI
include directory manually.  However, as you can see, this doesn't work.
I have never encountered a GCC error like that before, so I haven't a clue
as to where to begin to try and debug it.  I'll keep trying, though.  In
the mean time, if you figure out what it is before I do, feel free to let
me know! :)

      KC5TJA/6     |                  -| TEAM DOLPHIN |-
        DM13       |                  Samuel A. Falvo II
    QRP-L #1447    |          http://www.dolphin.openprojects.net