  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <ortalo@laas.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:07:18 +0200

Re: I've seen the stars too... [Re: kgicon, etc]

>Nope.  First we need a way to channel KGI ioctls through the /dev/fb
>device (won't be hard, just hasn't been attempted yet).  Then the
>display-fbdev targets needs to somehow try these ioctls and fall-back to
>the software methods (this is harder -- right now I have no idea exactly
>how this will work).

That's not hard at all, the driver used to supply "hints" to libggi
to tell him which sub-lib to load. You just need yet another sub-lib
in libggi (ioctl-fbdev I guess).
Ahemm.. One problem however: how are you going to get the hints provided
by the driver and communicate them back to libggi ??? (Because: this
is also an ioctl...) Ahemm, I guess there some "info" ioctl in the
fbdev anyway, no ? Well, that shouldn't be too hard, but I'm sure you
have more important things to do before... (Do them first.)

Rodolphe

Rodolphe ORTALO
Laboratoire d'Analyse et d'Architecture des Systemes   (LAAS-CNRS)
7, Avenue du Colonel Roche                Tel:+(33) 05 61 33 64 05
31077 Toulouse Cedex                      Fax:+(33) 05 61 33 64 11
France _____________________________________ E-Mail:ortalo@laas.fr