  From: Torgeir Veimo <Torgeir.Veimo@vertech.no>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 14:06:04 +0000

Re: I'm back

Sengan Baring-Gould wrote:

> Licensing: I'd like to see us supporting *BSD. In fact I don't even care

> * BSD: BSD license
> * For anything else Xfree like license except a statement that this
> product uses
>    KGI technology (www.ggi-project.org)

This is troublesome. The BSD license requires one to have a notice
somewhere and everywhere about the copyright. This is messy at best and
causes unneccesary bloat at worst. Consider the linux kernel booting
with 220 lines of copyright messages because a silly license requires it
to allways display these.

If you want something like the BSD license, use the X license. RMS have
made a very good reasoning about this at slashdot some months ago. Look
it up. :o)

--
Torgeir Veimo, Vertech AS,

email: Torgeir.Veimo@vertech.no, mobile: 90673881, office: +47 55563755