  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 19:59:27 +0000

Re: kgicon, etc [my scsi works again now!]

Hi all,

I just wanted to inform you that, thanks to some information from
Hartmut Niemann, I finally got my aha2940 board to work with kernel
2.1.111, therefore I can boot my main workstation with the new
kernel, therefore I can work on KGIcon/KGI again :)

It looks like I wasn't the only one to have that problem (the board
finding no device on the bus, resetting it and looping), and Doug
fixed it in aic7xxx driver version 5.1.0pre*5* . I insist on the 5, because
pre4 didn't work.

It can be found at : ftp.dialnet.net/pub/linux/aic7xxx/testing

(Alan, I know you had pointed me there too, but Hartmut decided me
to try the drivers out ;)

Just posting that information in case someone else bumps on the
problem and searchs this list :)

OK, gonna give the MediaGX driver a compilation try under kgicon
now..

--
Emmanuel