  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:48:19 +1000

Re: kgicon, etc

Jon writes:

>  > I have just committed the missing .configure files, and the ET6000
>  > driver is somewhat functional, although I did get an Oops when trying
>  > lynx -- very nasty since it seems memory and/or stack is being trashed
>  > somewhere.
>
>  	Yes, I get oopsen with lynx as well.  Only lynx.

I've just tried lynx with the vesafb, no problem.  Never seen an oops
using vesafb in fact.  It must be kgicon, maybe setting up one of the
structures incorrectly (I've looked hard for it, still can't see it).

>  > Also XF68_FBDev isn't setting the palette correctly, but the
>  > fbdev target *is* setting it correctly... weird.
>
>  	Someone on linux-kernel was complaining about white-on-white with
>  XF86_FBDev as well, so I don't think it is a kgicon problem.

I've just tested XF68_FBDev on vesafb as well, and I get the same
problem as on kgicon : no palette set (blue on blue :-).  Someone kernel
guru must have broken it.  What's odd is that the FBIOPUT_CMAP *works*
with the display-fbdev target, but *doesn't* work with XF68_FBDev.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/