  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:44:27 -0400 (EDT)

RE: kgicon, etc

On Mon, 27 Jul 1998, Jordan Mendelson wrote:

> Confusion mainly.

Me too.

> I run 2.1.111 so the patch doesn't cleanly apply to it, if I munge it I can
> make it apply but then I get options for fbdev and kgi... no clue whatsoever
> what options to set in either one (why does no one ever write the help for
> options?).

After waiting a while until I thought it was safe and bugfixes
had all been integrated, I downloaded 2.1.110.  Doh.  Now I go
get 2.1.111 I guess.

I have no clue which options to select and what kernel boot params
to use.  When I use fbset with anything other than --info
I get "FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument."

Could someone who has this running please post the steps to do it
and wrangle some useful text into Configure.help somehow??

Thanx muchly :)

--
Brian S. Julin