  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 01:14:27 +1000

Re: kgicon, etc

Jordan Mendelson writes:

>  Out of curiosity, development for GGI seems to be lagging compared to what
>  it was before CVS was taken offline and I was curious if kgicon is something
>  that is even being worked on anymore?

Kgicon (i.e. getting KGI drivers working in a stock 2.1.1xx development
kernel via the /dev/fb* framebuffer interface) is being worked on, sure.

I have just committed the missing .configure files, and the ET6000
driver is somewhat functional, although I did get an Oops when trying
lynx -- very nasty since it seems memory and/or stack is being trashed
somewhere.  Also XF68_FBDev isn't setting the palette correctly, but the
fbdev target *is* setting it correctly... weird.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/