  From: WolfWings ShadowFlight <wolfwings@lightspeed.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 17:17:08 -0700 (PDT)

Re: High traffic mailing lists

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Emmanuel Marty wrote:

>Indeed, but I just don't want to cope with so much traffic. I download all of
>my emails both at work and home and sometimes other places, it means
>I'd have to get about 150 emails when I come home every evening, and
>as much when I arrive at work the next morning.. Can't cope with it :)

I can relate to high-traffic. }:> Try this e-mail load (and this is
excluding any binary files, which are auto-ripped out by some PERL scripts
I found and hobbled together).

arenda:~/mail$ ls -l
total 82051
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users       69098 Mar 11 00:42 Alfandria
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users       27174 Jun 17 13:22 Personal
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users     2854898 Jul 25 16:55 Recieved
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users    28223357 Jul 25 16:55 Recieved-GGI
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users     8227584 Jul 25 16:53 Recieved-HFML
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users    27308393 Jul 25 16:54 Recieved-HML
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users     3510834 Jul 25 16:55 Revieved-SH2
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users       14855 Jun  7 21:42 Special
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users     9132349 Jul 25 16:58 Unread
-rw-------   1 wolfwing users     4307311 Jul 25 17:07 sent-mail

And yes, I think I have as complete an archive of GGI e-mail as the WWW
site does, if not more-so. }:> I'm a digital pack-rat, can't throw out
diddly-squat. }:> And, FYI, Special has such things as the 1st SPAM I ever
received, and other such nonsense. }:>
             _
     _     _|_  WolfWings ShadowFlight
|_|_| |_|_| | |  She needs to fly...