  From: Alexander Larsson <alla@lysator.liu.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 16:52:08 +0200

Re: Patches (3dfx)

> BTW: anyone out there that has docs for one of the VooDoo cards? I would
> like to have a proof-of concept driver to demonstrate display-overloading.
> You only need to be able to setup one mode (e.g. 1024x768x5r5g5b1a16z)

 Well, they don't give out any programming information. The linux glide port
was done by a volunteer under NDA for free.

 In the latest glide release there is included a small 3dfx device driver. It
just seems to arbritrate the 3dfx and mmap the register space. I just glanced
through the code. But at least there's some info.

 It can be found at:
 ftp://ftp.xxedgexx.com/pub/Linux/3dfx/SRPMS/Device3Dfx-1-3.src.rpm

/ Alex