  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 05:31:57 +0000

Re: FW: Cyrix MediaGX fbcon work

Jordan Mendelson wrote:

> Forwarded from Linux-kernel.

Eek, not subscribed to it, I have not enough hours in a day to read
all of the posts :)

Oi.

> I had a play with the MediaGX stuff from the demo source and the KGI source
> and I've got a partly working fbcon driver for MediaGX now - partly as in
> the
> cursor has escaped for no apparent reason, its unaccelerated, not using the
> compression buffer. I'll fix those once I figure your algorithms out from
> the
> KGI code. One thing I don't know however is the register loading data to get
> back into text mode. The KGI driver doesnt seem to cover this example alas.
>
> That matters because with fbcon you can rmmod your framebuffer driver and
> fal
> back to vga text emulation.
>
> The KGI mediagx author seems to have vanished however - at least
> core@mirus.fr
> has vanished - anyone know where he is hiding....

Thanks for the forward Jordan. I emailed him (I thought he did know my
new address, and maybe we should put <blink> tags around ours on
the website :). I guess we haven't advertised kgicon enough :) (Jon, I was
away for a little bit, what's the status? I still can't port the mediaGX driver

to it, as of 2.1.110, scsi is still broken for me, I'm stuck with 2.1.103)

--
Emmanuel