  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 14:34:30 +1000

Re: fbcon / KGI / ... (?)

Jon writes:

>  	The current situation is that kgidrv.o can now be compiled into
>  the kernel, but I still get no display at bootup (yes I tried bus_to_virt
>  instead of ioremap()).

I'm pretty sure you'll need ioremap(); the problem is that on Linus'
tree console_init() is called before PCI and MM is initialized, so
ioremap() doesn't work at that point it time.  I think the VGER folk
are moving the initialization of framebuffer devices out of console_init
to somewhere else after PCI/MM initialization, which should solve the
problem.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/