  From: WHS <wouters@cistron.nl>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:15:03 +0200

Re: Out of the chaos

Andrew Apted wrote:

> There is a LibOrb package floating around somewhere (it was announced on
> c.o.l.a IIRC).  My link to Brett Viren's "Spaceorb Programming Secrets"
> page no longer works though...

Yes, I've got that stuff. The code was GPL but it's easy enough to
rewrite a driver with that documentation :-) (could be even easier than
ripping out your code and make a lib ..)

> >  Btw, this driver is OS independent and thus should not be under
> >  os/Linux/..
>
> Huh ?  It's pretty tied to GGI console (formerly known as EvStack).  It
> requires the "nmouse.c" subsystem, the /proc interface, plus all sorts
> of evstack-isms...

which will be ported..
I mean, almost all code from that file seems to be evstack dependent so
putting the Linux specific parts under os/Linux seems better (I've been
doing something different for the CD playing code in GSI btw: as mostly
the same type of ioctl's are used with different names (for the ioctls,
structs etc) I used #define's/typedef's to get one piece of code work on
*BSD (tested on OpenBSD) and Linux).
When the license stuff is settled I'll have a look at doing the same for
these drivers.

btw, /proc is also in *BSD

Bye,

Wouter