  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 13:35:38 +1000

Re: Out of the chaos

Wouter writes:

>  > Look at os/Linux/input/joystick/spaceorb.c in the devel repository.  If
>  > you wanna change the license to LGPL, then that's fine with me.
>
>  Ok, but where's libgii gone? It's still in the old tree (never tried to
>  compile it though, was it ever functional?) I have but nothing in the
>  current one.

LibGII never was functional -- more of a concept really.

>  Otherwise LGPL'ing won't help (yes, I could make a libspaceorb.so but
>  that seems just a bit perverse for one application :-).

Doesn't sound so bad :-).

There is a LibOrb package floating around somewhere (it was announced on
c.o.l.a IIRC).  My link to Brett Viren's "Spaceorb Programming Secrets"
page no longer works though...

>  Btw, this driver is OS independent and thus should not be under
>  os/Linux/..

Huh ?  It's pretty tied to GGI console (formerly known as EvStack).  It
requires the "nmouse.c" subsystem, the /proc interface, plus all sorts
of evstack-isms...

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/