  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:41:48 +0200 (MEST)

Re: autoconf (Re: libggi dependencies)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, WHS wrote:

> MenTaLguY wrote:
>
> > Ah; I found something relevent in the autoconf info documents:
> >
> > ---snip---
> >
> >    Autoconf-generated `configure' scripts allow your site to provide
> > default values for some configuration values.  You do this by creating
> > site- and system-wide initialization files.
> >
> >    If the environment variable `CONFIG_SITE' is set, `configure' uses
> > its value as the name of a shell script to read.  Otherwise, it reads
> > the shell script `PREFIX/share/config.site' if it exists, then
> > `PREFIX/etc/config.site' if it exists.  Thus, settings in
> > machine-specific files override those in machine-independent ones in
> > case of conflict.
>
> Ok, but what about missing stuff on some OS'es? Some checks are made for
> header files etc and I believe missing files are/can be replaced by
> autoconf files (can't remember a specific example at the moment).
> I would like those to be also fixed by the 'OS-patchkit'.
>
> How are your experiments with the system-wide config file going?

i'm on it. (*studying the info-pages*) first test on my tutorial works well.
i can see one problem, speed. ggi is complex -> the first run in configuring
needs quite  its time ...

but i'll see.

> Regards,
>

> Wouter

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-