  From: WolfWings ShadowFlight <wolfwings@lightspeed.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 13:28:50 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Resource registration. [back from holidays]

On Tue, 21 Jul 1998, Wolf Shaman wrote:

>some
>devices can share IRQ's (don't know how) I know my Mystiqe and my my 3c905
>(both PCI) do this on a regular basis, with both working falwlessly...

So long as an IRQ handler is willing to call any existing IRQ handlers,
and the two devices in question both (a) quickly check if they are what
triggered the IRQ or not and (b) none of their ports overlap, they can
share IRQ's all day long, as long as the CPU is fast enough to let each
handler check the respective device in time. I.E. An old 486/8 I have
(don't ask) can't even run two comm ports on the same IRQ if the baud is
above 300 without buffer overflows.
             _
     _     _|_  WolfWings ShadowFlight
|_|_| |_|_| | |  She needs to fly...